He has been busy filming the second season of The Witcher over recent months after production was hit by delays amid the coronavirus crisis.
And Henry Cavill was seen filming action-packed scenes for the Netflix hit in Surrey on Wednesday, as he got ready for battle while in character as Geralt Of Rivia.
The actor, 37, wore full armour and wielded a sword while sat astride his character’s trusty horse Roach for the day’s shoot.
Henry transformed into the monster hunter by wearing his long white wig, and he used amber contact lenses to fully embody his character.
The Mission Impossible star’s armour was studded and featured layered shoulder pads and wrist guards, and he teamed the attire with a pair of black trousers.
Alongside his armour, Henry also donned Geralt’s pendant necklace which features a wolf insignia to represent his character’s pseudonym as the White Wolf.
Before cameras began to roll, Henry was seen chatting with the crew as he guided his horse to his mark for the scene.
The crew made sure to adhere to strict coronavirus rules during their time out on set, as everyone made sure to wear masks for the duration of the day’s filming.
The Witcher follows the journey of its eponymous character, a mutated monster hunter who travels across The Continent on his quest to slay monstrous beasts.
At the end of season one Geralt finally united with Ciri, he became her warden by the Law Of Surprise after saving her father’s life before she was born, though actress Freya Allen was not seen on set.
In August fans were left delighted after The Witcher resumed production for its second series.
Filming on the Netflix fantasy drama had to be put on hold earlier in the year due to the global pandemic.
But Stephen Surjik, who directed two episodes in its first season, told fans the show was up and running again.
Sharing a snap on Instagram from set, he said: ‘It’s T minus 3 min to ignition and lift off for our second run at Witcher S2. Everyone is being cautious but spirits are high.’
He said the cast and crew are having to maintain social distance on set amid the new restrictions.
The release date for the highly-anticipated second series is not yet known, but Netflix have revealed that a limited six-part spin off series called Blood Origin was also in the works.